Apply for a Grant
Criteria for Grants
Student & Residents Mission Grant
The Vision Statement of BMDF is to “Inspire healthcare professionals to use their gifts to serve others as good managers of the varied grace of God.
(1 Peter 4:10)”.
We are excited about your interest in using your healthcare education to His glory. We are honored to potentially support you not only financially but in several other ways.
Grant Application Form
Baptist Medical Dental Fellowship Student Mission Grants are made possible by donations. The purpose of the grant is to provide assistance to students who are meeting the healthcare needs of unserved or underserved people domestically or internationally with the intent to share the love of Christ.
- Expose grant recipients to the problems affecting the world: nutrition, health, and quality of life.
- Encourage their involvement with those that have hope of modifying those problems.
- Provide exposure to mentors who may influence their vocational choices.
3. Types of Projects
Most all types of health related or meeting human needs projects would qualify as long as there is a missional focus.
Each student should be supervised by an approved supervisor/mentor who will be chosen by the local mission/institution leadership. In most cases these persons would be medical missions personnel, mission administrators, field missionaries, and/or designated national leaders.
5. Spiritual Evaluation
Students are encouraged to begin now preparing spiritually for the project and anticipating the spiritual impact the trip might have on you and those you will be serving.
- What problems did you encounter? How would you correct them?
- What are needs/issues that could be addressed?
- What did you learn?
- How do you see this experience affecting/changing your personal life?
- What have you learned that can be transferred back to the U.S.?
- What is the significance and probable impact of the project?
- Were there spiritual lessons learned and how do you anticipate applying them in the future?
- Would you recommend this trip for others?
7. BMDF Membership
We would ask that you join BMDF (membership is free for students) and remain a member for a minimum of 3 years after your graduation. Become a member of BMDF (complimentary for students)
8. Mentor Program
We would assign you a mentor to informally help you as you seek to use your education to the Glory of God.
9. Grant Award
The BMDF Grant Committee will review your Grant Application, make a determination regarding your application, and notify you of their decision within thirty days. Grants, if funds are available, will be given up to 50% of trip costs or a maximum of $2,000.00.