It’s hard to believe that I moved into the position of Executive Director of Baptist Medical Dental Fellowship nearly one year ago (Nov. 1, 2022). Where has the time gone? The greatest thrill that I have witnessed in my time here is watching how God is at work to regenerate our organization. I have met former members, new members, Field workers, and students who continue to have that passion of serving our Lord through Healthcare missions. Thus far this year, I have been able to visit several churches and universities sharing about BMDF and all we have to offer healthcare missionaries, professionals, and students. I want to thank each of you and in particular the Board of Directors for not only walking alongside me but having my back when I made mistakes. You guys are a great bunch of folks to work with. Again, thank you for the blessings you have brought into my life.
Highlights of the Year
- BMDF Annual Meeting – a great meeting in Richmond, VA. Next year’s meeting will be held at Shades Mountain Baptist Church in Birmingham, AL Feb. 29 – March 2, 2023. More information coming soon.
- Mission Trips: BMDF members involved in at least eleven mission trips thus far this year.
- Student Scholarships: 12 student scholarships awarded thus far in 2023, totaling almost $13,000.
- CME Assistance: Over $15,000 awarded to IMB missionaries for the CMDE meeting last February.
- Mission Trip: BMDF is seeking members to join in the Send Relief effort to send 6-8 medical teams to Armenia in May, 2024. Contact Bob Thomas for more information. We are also looking for other trips in 2024. If you have ideas, please let Bob Thomas know. Check here for other possibilities:
- Mission Trip: IMB is looking for a doctor or mid-level practitioner plus another healthcare worker to join their team March 15-24. The medical clinic will be serving refugees along the Mexico-Guatemala border. Contact Bob for further information.
- Membership fees. You should be receiving an email on the anniversary of the date you renewed your membership in 2022. Please watch for it. God has allowed BMDF to do things through our membership fees and donations. Please continue your support.
- End of the year giving: As we come up to the end of the year, we look at opportunities to give to charitable organizations. Would you consider adding BMDF to the list of organizations you support this year? Again, we are able to support the programs of BMDF only through our membership fees and donations.
- Membership drive: Are you aware of healthcare professionals who have a heart for missions, for supporting our IMB missionaries, and/or supporting healthcare students as they seek to find the missional role God has for them once they complete their education. Please tell them about BMDF and encourage them to become members.
Just a few pictures of events BMDF has been a part of over the past year.